Parenting a challenging teen can be tough.

You're not alone. We're here to help!


Help for families with challenging teens

Struggling with an unruly, truant or runaway teen or pre-teen?

Need help with a truant, unruly or runaway teen? You're certainly not alone! We know the teen years can be especially tough (on parents and kids!), so we offer counseling, support, guidance and connections to more local resources to help your family work through challenges together.

How does it all work?

Step 1: Call us (find your local number below). We'll help you decide if this service (called CINS/FINS) is right for your family.

Once your teen or pre-teen enrolls, your family will have a dedicated counselor who can work with your child one-on-one, coach your family through tough issues and provide an additional layer of support for you.

How do you help my child?

We talk with your teen. We work together to develop and reach goals. We provide counseling. We help with anger management, conflict resolution and social skills. We offer connections to mentoring, tutoring and other resources. Sometimes we're a sounding board when your child needs to vent.

We also have groups (usually at your child's school) and group activities that encourage healthy socialization and offer opportunities to explore interests and passions.

If family conflicts threaten the safety of someone in the home, we can connect you with local shelters that provide a safe place for your teen to stay while he or she calms down.

How do you help me?

If you don't have medical insurance (or have limited coverage) and your child or family needs more intensive counseling, we'll be your advocate and help you locate community resources that may be able to fund necessary services.

If you aren't sure how to cope with the stress and demands of raising a challenging teen, we can help.

If you're worried your anger is getting out of control, we can help.

If you want to be a better parent, we can help.

Is this service free?


I'm interested - now what?

Call the office serving your community and ask for the CINS/FINS program.

Osceola County (Central Florida): (407) 846-5220

Okeechobee/Treasure Coast (Treasure Coast): (772) 460-9752

Copyright 2015 Children’s Home Society of Florida, All Rights Reserved.